Plans and implements therapeutic programs in order to minimize stress and anxiety in hospitalized children. Assesses the emotional and developmental needs of patients and families in the pediatric service areas to determine support needed during hospitalization. Works collaboratively with the multidisciplinary team to ensure that children’s psychosocial, developmental and educational needs are met. Coordinate and supervise programs provided by community volunteers. This position summary contains the most relevant duties and responsibilities and does not exclude other assignments not mentioned.
1. Experience in healthcare setting preferred.
2. Bilingual preferred
3. Must demonstrate commitment and adherence to STHS’s Compliance Program and Code of Conduct through compliance with all policies and procedures, the Code of Conduct, attendance at required training and immediately reporting suspected compliance issue(s) to the Compliance Officer.
EDUCATION / LICENSURE:
1. Must obtain and maintain BLS licensure within 3 months of hire.
2. High School Diploma or GED;
3. Bachelor’s Degree in Child Development or directly related field is required.
4. Minimum 480 hour internship under the direct supervision of a Certified Child Life Specialist.
Certification through Child Life Council within 18 months of hire.
We are a National Recruiting firm that specializes in Medical Professionals. We are based in Dallas Texas, and have been recruiting since 1999We work with ALL the Large Health Systems and Several Clinics throughout the US.