Location: Escondido, California
Kindred Healthcare and Palomar Health have signed a Joint Venture and opened a new acute inpatient rehabilitation hospital. The two-story, 58,000-square-foot facility features 52 inpatient beds and is located on the campus of Palomar Medical Center in Escondido, California. The new hospital offers treatment services to a variety of rehabilitation patient types, including brain injury and stroke patients. This is San Diego County's first standalone rehabilitation hospital.
Coordinates management of care and ensures optimum utilization of resources, service delivery and compliance with external review agencies. Provides ongoing support and expertise through comprehensive assessment, care planning, plan implementation and overall evaluation of individual patient needs. Enhances the quality of patient management and satisfaction, to promote continuity of care and cost effectiveness through the integration of functions of case management, utilization review and management and discharge planning.
Provides ongoing support and expertise through comprehensive assessment, care coordination, plan implementation and overall evaluation of individual patient needs while ensuring patient preferences.
Serves as a patient advocate through resource utilization, discharge planning and addressing the holistic needs of the patient
- Completes departmental orientation, initial and annual competencies.
- Assists with departmental specific performance improvement initiatives collecting and reporting data as requested by supervisor.
- As appropriate, consults other departmental staff to collaborate in patient care delivery, identify barriers to care and or discharge and develop solutions/resolution.
- Completes documentation per workflow timeline and content requirements including completion of the Individual Plan of Care (IPoC) per CMS guidelines.
- Schedules family conferences and/or communicates with caregiver following each team conference and more often as needed to keep patient and designated caregiver informed of progress and provides appropriate information related to goal achievement, course of rehabilitation stay, and plans for discharge.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current Registered Nurse or Social Work licensure or Healthcare professional licensure as Respiratory Therapist, Physical Therapist, Speech Language Pathologist or Occupational Therapist.
- Certification in Case Management or Rehabilitation Nursing preferred; for example, Commission for Case Manager Certification (CCM); Association of Rehabilitation Nurses (ARN) certification, American Case Management Association (ACM) or Board Certification in CM by the ANCC e.g.: RN-BC
- Minimum of 2 years social work or case management experience in an inpatient setting highly preferred; acute/rehabilitation hospital experience preferred.
- Effective oral and written communication skills in English, additional languages preferred.
- Basic computer skills in excel, word, outlook, power point, etc. required.
- The range for this position will be $35 to $40 per hour. We would expect those hired into this job would be paid within this pay range, however, certain circumstances may allow us to pay outside of this range