A rewarding career that fits your life. Banner Staffing Services offers a world of opportunities to make an impact on one of the country's leading health systems. If you're looking to leverage your abilities - you belong at Banner Staffing Services.
Banner Staffing Services (BSS) offers Registry/Per Diem opportunities within Banner Health. Registry/Per Diem positions are utilized as needed within our facilities. These positions offer flexibility in scheduling and are great way to start your career with Banner Health. As a BSS team member, you are eligible to apply (at any time) as an internal applicant to any regular opportunities within Banner Health.
As a valued and respected Banner Health team member, you will enjoy:
Flexible Schedules (select positions)
Fewer Shifts Cancelled
403(b) Pre-tax retirement
Employee Assistance Program
Employee wellness program
Discount Entertainment tickets
Auto Purchase Plan
Registry/Per Diem positions do not have guaranteed hours and no medical benefits package is offered . Registry/Per Diem positions require a minimum of 4 shifts a month commitment. Completion of post-offer Occupational Health physical assessment, drug screen and background check (includes; employment, criminal and education) is required.
POSITION SUMMARY This position assists in the maintenance and preservation of confidential health records in accordance with specified regulatory agency requirements and is accountable for performing clerical and administrative functions to support clinic front office and billing services.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Receives and sorts clinical reports and related information and accurately documents and/or files material in appropriate health records following established guidelines and procedures. This includes maintaining the facility's health records, as well as assisting staff retrieve files in a timely fashion.
2. Enters, tracks and maintains data in software application systems in a timely and accurate manner. Maintains department records, determines accuracy of medical record numbers and reconciles the database information in routine cases. Refers complex issues to leadership for resolution.
3. Assembles patient medical records using pre-established software procedures and/or chart order. Processes and routes medical records to appropriate areas. May analyze records as needed or directed.
4. Performs a variety of tasks and functions associated with the department's daily operations, including but not limited to, greeting patients, medical staff and the public, answering incoming telephone calls and providing general information to customers. Refers complex inquiries to the appropriate department or staff. Provides ongoing clerical and administrative support.
5. Processes and completes routine requests for information for admission, discharge, or continuing patient care purposes. Processes record requests for internal/external audits and reviews; monitors record activity for follow-up and communicates as appropriate with requestors. Directs all release of information inquiries appropriately.
6. Processes and completes routine requests, including dates and copies of face sheets. Forwards all release of information inquiries of sensitive and confidential nature to the appropriate party.
7. Works under regular supervision and provides services using structured guidelines. Customers are primarily members of the medical staff and their office staff, insurance companies, attorney offices, other health care providers, patients and their families and hospital or clinic staff.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The core functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Must demonstrate excellent customer service skills, strong organizational abilities, and be able to communicate well both verbally and in writing.
Requires good keyboarding skills and the ability to work effectively with common office software and databases.
Work experience in a medical clerical, physician's office or other related field. Medical terminology strongly preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.