A rewarding career that fits your life. Those who have joined the Banner mission come from all walks of life, united by the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, apply today.
University Medical Center Tucson Banner - University Medical Center Tucson is nationally recognized for providing exceptional patient care, teaching future health-care professionals and conducting groundbreaking research. Also located onthe campus is Diamond Children's - recognized for its specialized pediatric services including neonatal and intensive care, emergency medicine and cancer therapies. Banner - University Medical Center Tucson is a Level 1 Trauma Center, meaning we care for the most critically injured patients. The hospital is consistently listed among the nation's top hospitals in the prestigious Best Hospitals ranking by U.S. News & World Report. Our nurses' innovative, safe and thoughtful care has been recognized with Magnet(tm) designation fromthe American Nurses Credentialing Center. The hospital's physicians are full-time faculty of the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Tucson. Our specialty services include comprehensive heart and cancer care, advanced neuroscience techniques and a multi-organ transplant program.
POSITION SUMMARY This position independently performs prescribed diagnostic sleep monitoring studies, which may include home sleep tests, to patients. This position analyzes the results to aide clinicians with diagnosis, treatment, monitoring and care of patients. This position acts as a resource to the department.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Obtains artifact free sleep tracings that accurately reflect physiologic processes occurring during sleep of patients utilizing the latest technology.
2. Analyzes all types of sleep records of patients. Identifies and documents sleep stages and quantify physiologic processes during the data acquisition and summarizes this information as outlined by departmental policies and procedures.
3. Ensures an accurate and readable recording using deductive reasoning to trouble shoot minor problems and make adjustments as needed during the testing process.
4. Collects and/or reviews pertinent medical, historical, and medication information in order to perform the appropriate study prescribed by the physician as outlined by departmental policies and procedures.
5. Assists with the development of department policies, procedures and processes, facilitate testing and maintain quality to achieve optimal patient results.
6. Assists leadership with operations, scheduling, orientation and/or training of new technical staff. May conduct or lead educational in-services and case study presentations.
7. Ensures quality assurance standards as outlined by departmental policies and procedures in accordance with regulatory agencies.
8. Independently performs prescribed diagnostic sleep monitoring, which may include home sleep test, to patients and acts as a resource to the department. Internal customers: All levels of nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: regulatory and health agencies, patients and family members.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Requires Registry by the Board of Polysomnographic Technologists or proof of having passed the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) as a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT).
The position requires clinical knowledge typically achieved with 3 years of experience in all aspects of sleep disorders testing. Must be proficient in the use and theory of all equipment related to sleep testing and a thorough knowledge of the sleep/wake cycle and its pathologies, as well as, EEG theory appropriate to sleep monitoring and cardiopulmonary physiology during sleep. Must demonstrate critical thinking skills, problem-solving abilities and effective communication skills.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R22195
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.