Medical City McKinney is a growing 260-bed hospital that is proud of our history of serving the health care needs of the residents of McKinney and our surrounding communities for more than 90 years. Change and innovation have marked our commitment to our growing community's needs.
The Director will coordinate the care and service delivery of selected patient populations to promote effective utilization; monitor health care resources; and assume a leadership role with the interdisciplinary team to achieve optimal outcomes through the tools of Case Management, such as placing the patient in the appropriate status upon the point of entry. Physical and psychological factors including the identification of cases with potential for high risk complications and acting as an advocate for an individual’s health care needs are essential elements of the position. The Director must be knowledgeable in community resources and alternate care facilities. Interacts with physicians, staff, patient/family and outside agencies. The ability to identify opportunities for improvement in patient care and facilitate support functions provided to neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients is required.
We offer an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and growth opportunities. Our benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
· Registered Nurse (RN) or Social Worker (MSW) with at least two years of clinical experience in an acute care environment required
· 1 year of Utilization Review or Case Management experience preferred
· Knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid programs
· Working knowledge of community and governmental resources, and knowledge of private payor regulations
· Current licensure as a RN by the Texas Board of Nursing or as a MSW by the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners
· Case Director certification by Case Management Accreditation Board preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Ability to listen, interact and communicate verbally and in writing
· Excellent collaboration and communication skills
· Ability to handle stressful environment and multiple projects simultaneously
· Demonstrated ability to learn diverse bodies of knowledge relating to department management
· Demonstrates knowledge of financial implications of materials, equipment and human resources
· Expertise in criteria for placement in appropriate status
· Knowledge of unit care settings in order to asses and identify cases for case management intervention
· Knowledge of regulatory agency requirements and third party payor criteria for Severity of Illness and Intensity of Service
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
One of the nation’s leading providers of healthcare services, HCA is made up of locally managed facilities that include 185 hospitals and 119 freestanding surgery centers located in 20 U.S. states and in the United Kingdom.
At HCA, you'll find that caring extends to both our patients and our employees.
We support our employees to ensure they can put patients first. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way. Are you looking for an employer with many different career options and a people-focused culture? If so, you’ve come to the right place.