Find your path in health care. Banner Health is committed to not only providing the finest care possible, but to advancing the way care is provided. To achieve our vision, we seek out professionals who embrace change and who possess the passion and skills to make it happen. Apply today.
Our Sleep Lab team is growing! Banner has 3 Accredited sleep centers in the Northern Colorado area with over 30 years of accreditation combined. We use our own centralized sleep scheduling for all three centers. The policies and systems are standardized so technologists are able to float between facilities when needed. The sleep center provides home sleep studies, in-lab studies, MSLTs, day studies and consultations. Our patients range in age from infants to adults. We recently added a new sleep Physician this year and are expecting to further our growth. We work hand in hand with the Sleep Clinic to give our patients a full comprehensive sleep experience.
This position will either work Monday-Wednesday or Thursday through Saturday from 6:30 p.m. to 6:30 a.m.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
A 378-bed Level II trauma center and acute care facility with over 3000 employees, North Colorado Medical Center is the largest hospital in the region. As a regional medical center, we provide community-based and specialty services for a service area that includes southern Wyoming, western Nebraska, western Kansas and northeastern Colorado. In order to provide the most compassionate and innovative care possible, we bring together state-of-the-art technology and an exceptional team of health care professionals. For the healthcare professional, our Greeley, Colorado location offers access to a wide variety of recreational activities in an inviting, close-knit community.
POSITION SUMMARY This position independently performs prescribed diagnostic sleep monitoring studies to patients. This position analyzes the results to aide clinicians with diagnosis, treatment, monitoring and care of patients. This position acts as a resource to the department.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Obtains artifact free sleep tracings that accurately reflect physiologic processes occurring during sleep of patients utilizing the latest technology.
2. Analyzes all types of sleep records of patients. Identifies and documents sleep stages and quantify physiologic processes during the data acquisition and summarizes this information as outlined by departmental policies and procedures.
3. Ensures an accurate and readable recording using deductive reasoning to trouble shoot minor problems and make adjustments as needed during the testing process.
4. Collects and/or reviews pertinent medical, historical, and medication information in order to perform the appropriate study prescribed by the physician as outlined by departmental policies and procedures.
5. Assists with the development of department policies, procedures and processes, facilitate testing and maintain quality to achieve optimal patient results.
6. Assists leadership with operations, scheduling, orientation and/or training of new technical staff. May conduct or lead educational in-services and case study presentations.
7. Ensures quality assurance standards as outlined by departmental policies and procedures in accordance with regulatory agencies.
8. Independently performs prescribed diagnostic sleep monitoring to patients and acts as a resource to the department. Internal customers: All levels of nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: regulatory and health agencies, patients and family members.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Requires Registry by the Board of Polysomnographic Technologists or proof of having passed the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) as a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT).
The position requires clinical knowledge typically achieved with 3 years of experience in all aspects of sleep disorders testing. Must be proficient in the use and theory of all equipment related to sleep testing and a thorough knowledge of the sleep/wake cycle and its pathologies, as well as, EEG theory appropriate to sleep monitoring and cardiopulmonary physiology during sleep. Must demonstrate critical thinking skills, problem-solving abilities and effective communication skills.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R965
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.