Great careers are built at Banner Health. We understand that talented health care professionals appreciate having options. We are proud to offer our team members many career and lifestyle choices throughout our network of facilities. Apply today, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Worland is located within the Big Horn Basin and along the Big Horn River in beautiful Northwestern Wyoming. A community hub, Worland has a proud heritage of initiative, innovation and offers a wealth of recreational opportunities.
As a Quality Safety and Infection Prevention Program Senior Manager, you will be responsible for Quality, Infection Prevention and Patient Safety (Q/IP/PS) monitoring, surveillance, data analysis, and performance improvement. This position is typically Monday - Friday with an opportunity to alternate the work schedule between four 10 hour days and five 8 hour days. If you have a passion for this line of work and want to join a dynamic team that supports each other to offer a flexible work schedule, apply today!
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
With a 50-year tradition of quality caring, Washakie Medical Center in Worland, Wyo. is a 18-bed critical access hospital with "big city" capabilities. This includes a 64-slice CT scanner, 3D tomosynthesis mammography, 1.5 tesla MRI, Ultrasound, fluro, electronic medical records and a full service, state-of-the-art lab. Our trauma ED is staffed with full-time physicians and our surgery services include 24/7 CRNA coverage including OB epidurals, two general surgeons, orthopedic surgery, and ambulatory treatment. In addition, we provide a variety of wellness activities and feature an active rehab department.
POSITION SUMMARY This position promotes high reliability in clinical performance and patient safety through assessment, facilitation and prioritization of improvement activities, overseeing performance improvement projects and ensuring successful clinical project implementation at operating entities. This position additionally has oversight and direction of the infection prevention program for all departments throughout a facility or ambulatory setting, including surveillance, infection prevention and control measures, and education for employees. The position works closely with both system and operating entities to improve quality, infection prevention, patient safety and outcomes of clinical care. All work processed by the team member is considered confidential and protected from discovery, pursuant to state statutes.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Responsible for oversight and assessment of clinical performance data, infection prevention data, and care delivery practices. Collaborates with administrators, physicians, clinical leaders and staff to identify improvement opportunities utilizing quantitative techniques, knowledge of health care operations and systems thinking. Obtains and uses literature, evidence-based practice and benchmark data whenever possible.
2. Conducts focused surveillance for healthcare-associated infections (HAIs), detects and records HAIs on a systematic and current basis, analyzes HAIs and prepares reports for the Infection Control Committee of the facility or ambulatory setting. Reports communicable diseases as required by regulation.
3. Improves clinical performance identifies causes of variation, serves as a subject matter expert and supports implementation of systems and processes to facilitate effective clinical practice. Leverages results from clinical performance, infection prevention, peer review, regulatory, patient safety and others to align performance improvement opportunities with system and local teams.
4. Facilitates prioritization of improvement activities with system and entity leadership, based on current risk assessment and performance. Conducts collection, aggregation and analysis of data, i.e. clinical performance, surveillance, etc. Initiates epidemiological investigations of significant clusters of infections and single cases of unusual infection. Coordination and dissemination of information to support administrative and clinical decision making. Collaborates with the appropriate process owner(s) to identify opportunities for improvement.
5. Establishes and oversees the development and implementation of annual quality plans with administrative, service line and process owners. Strategizes with entity leadership to plan and coordinate local Quality Councils.
6. Manages and coaches performance improvement activities and oversees projects in collaboration with project leaders and administrators. Serves as a subject matter expert and/or facilitates improvement teams to plan, implement, and coordinate entity activities to maximize clinical and operational outcomes. Participates on improvement teams, guiding teams on system defined improvement methodologies and processes.
7. Reviews and assists with implementation of policies, procedures and guidelines as they relate to infection prevention. Conducts infection prevention education and in-service programs to departments, including orientation for new employees. Conducts construction, renovation, environmental, and infection prevention rounds, ensuring compliance with system policy and national and/or professional standards for a safe environment.
8. Achieves and maintains professional competencies in assessment, performance improvement, surveillance, infection prevention, change/project management, and patient safety. Competency and expertise are obtained through independent study, internal development courses, attending education workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, board certification, and participating in professional organizations. Serves as a consultant and subject matter expert for physicians, nurses, department managers, supervisors, and other professional and non- professional staff members.
9. Responsibility for Quality Improvement (QI), Infection Prevention (IP) and Patient Safety at a single entity and additionally is involved in system-level IP, QI and patient safety activities. Internal customers include all assigned entity administrators, physicians, staff, volunteers and corporate administrators, leadership team and staff. External customers include public health agencies, general public, accreditation and regulatory organizations, payers, patients and physicians.
Requires Bachelor's degree or equivalent in nursing or other healthcare related field.
RN license in state worked OR a clinical background with current license/certification or equivalent experience.
Must have a proficiency level typically attained with five years experience in Quality Management/Performance Improvement. Requires at least two years management experience or demonstrated leadership abilities through successful large scale projects. Must possess demonstrated flexibility in responding to the needs of multiple constituencies with a service-oriented philosophy. Demonstrated ability to lead and facilitate multi-disciplinary teams. Must possess demonstrated skill in problem analysis, project management, conflict resolution and oral and written presentations. Requires ability to balance and manage multiple projects.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS BSN/Master's degree in nursing or Master's in other healthcare related field. Association for Practitioners in Infection Control (APIC) training course or equivalent. Certifications: CIC, CPHQ, CPPS or other relevant certifications. Computer skills, research and basic statistical knowledge is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R1229
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.