Under the direction of the clinical services director and following established procedures/protocols, coordinates various operational and administrative activities for Nephrology services.
1. Acts as a liaison to facilities referring/accepting patients for chronic kidney disease management, dialysis or transplantation; and departments within the DMC organization.
2. Coordinates the transfer of patients with kidney disease along with information between inpatient and outpatient setting to assure continuity of patient care.
3. Maintains an extensive database of all dialysis patients moving through the DMC.
4. Available to round daily with the Nephrology Team caring for inpatients at HUH to coordinate information required for efficient management of renal patients. Works concurrently with nephrology team comprised of nephrologists, nursing, social worker and nutritionist.
5. Assists nephrologists system-wide in finding facilities for patients with kidney disease requiring specialized continuing care following hospital discharge.
6.In collaboration with Nephrologists, nurses, and Case Managers at HUH, DRH and RIM assists with the education of newly diagnosed non-dialysis kidney patients. Assists with office/clinic follow-up appointments or dialysis unit placement.
7. Provides information and counseling for pre-end stage kidney disease patients and discusses modality choice for future care.
8. Serves as the Nephrology contact person for all services and departments within the DMC requiring assistance in identifying a kidney patient, (i.e. locating outpatient dialysis units and the nephrologists responsible for their care) and maintains a database of this information.
9. Serves as the contact person for outpatient dialysis centers requiring assistance in locating non-compliant patients.
10. Participates in resolving complex problems dealing with patients appearing
1. Graduation from an accredited school of nursing and current RN Licensure issued by Michigan Board of Nursing; OR Master's degree in Social Work from a college or university social work program approved by the Michigan Board of Social Work and accredited by the Council on Social Work Education, and current license as a Licensed Master's Social Worker in the State of Michigan.
2. Four years of experience in the field of nephrology in order to gain familiarity with modalities of treatment available to patients with end stage kidney disease.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 2005004177
About DMC Harper University/Hutzel Women's Hospital
“Tenet Healthcare Corporation is a diversified healthcare services company with 115,000 employees united around a common mission: to help people live happier, healthier lives. Through its subsidiaries, partnerships and joint ventures, including United Surgical Partners International, the Company operates general acute care and specialty hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care centers and other outpatient facilities. Tenet's Conifer Health Solutions subsidiary provides technology-enabled performance improvement and health management solutions to hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks, physician groups, self-insured organizations and health plans.