The Clinical Quality Analyst supports clinical business decisions, operational processes and internal process improvement initiatives to improve reliability of care and outcomes across the health system. Under guidance of the Director of Quality & Patient Safety, the Quality Analyst will interact with executive management and other key management staff, teams of clinicians, support department staff and analysts. The Quality Analyst identifies and supports areas of analytical focus for the organization's quality of service, care delivery performance and evaluation of potential areas of opportunity and risk, incorporating clinical best practices and interpreting data, producing both long-term and short-term activities and deliverables and defines innovative solutions that drive measurable benefits to the organization. The Quality Analyst creates analytical tools using an in depth understanding of healthcare data (e.g. patient, claims, financial, clinical and provider data) and operations coupled with the knowledge of large data set development and quantitative data analysis methodology, interpreting and disseminating results to key audiences. Integrates quality data throughout MCWH and LBM to ensure, enhance, and support patient safety.
Essential Job Outcomes & Functions
* Participates with medical staff leadership and physicians/clinicians to identify and facilitate implementation of best practices and recommend enhancements to processes or stands to support mitigation of risk and improvement of quality.
* Track progress and remediation of plan of correction and performance improvement activities related to quality; participating in quality related projects and/or training throughout the organization. Identifies cases meeting criteria for physician review (mortality, morbidity, blood usage, infection, adverse drug reactions, unusual occurrences needing improvement) as necessary.
* Produces reports and presentations on quality and conducts drill down analysis to proactively identify specific variance in practice patterns. Works collaboratively with report requestors, providing guidance to define repot requirements and validate results.
* Identifies opportunities for operational inefficiencies and collaborates with QA leadership, conducting primary and tertiary screening of patient care variances, through chart audits & applications.
* Works collaboratively across departments to understand and meet the organization's clinical quality analytic needs. Plays an active role in clinical evaluation of quality metrics, bold goals and patient outcomes. Uses Lean principles in work processes.
* Extensive experience in a quality environment with a working knowledge of data dashboard development and analysis, implementation and evaluation of smart goals. Strong team member with experience in effective team building skills.
* Team lead for portions of large and/or entire small project, including system/practice implementation, service line quality initiatives, and re-engineering of current processes.
* This position will be liaison to the external reporting groups such as Truven, CMS, CHART, Leapfrog, and others as assigned. Initiating chart review audits to validate quality outcome data prior to release to external federal and state agencies. Meets productivity and timeline targets and uses tools to track activities and timelines.
* 3-5 years of work experience in a managed care, hospital, provider practice or other comparable business experience, preferably in a quality/performance improvement setting.
* Experience working with databases, large data sets, multiple data sources and interpreting complex data to create meaningful information.
* Experience managing projects, tasks, deadlines and priorities.
* Exhibits critical thinking and problem solving skills with demonstrated role model skill in software use, computer literacy and communication/customer service. Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as facilitate team-based change; managing multiple priorities and deadlines.
* Detail oriented.
* RN License Required
Internal Number: LON005256
About MemorialCare Health System
Let us introduce ourselves. We're MemorialCare, a nonprofit health system that includes four hospitals, two medical groups, imaging centers, surgical centers and much more. As one of the leading health systems in Orange County and Los Angeles County, we're confident that no matter what your needs are, we have the teams, tools and know-how to support you every step of the way.
BACK TO TOP
CMSA Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else CMSA has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at CMSA Career Center.
Case Management Society of America 6301 Ranch Drive Little Rock, AR 72223