Providence is calling a full time, day shift Clinical Nursing Supervisor to the Providence Saint John's Health Center in Santa Monica, CA.
In this position you will:
- The Clinical Supervisor (CS) is a responsible for assisting the Nurse Manager or Director in planning, organizing, directing, and evaluating services of the unit.
- It is expected that the CS manages and coordinates the unit, directs and supervises caregivers, functions and activities, interprets policies/procedures/protocols, standards, and regulations as appropriate.CSs scope of responsibility spans all aspects of nursing care.
- The CS maintains clinical competence and certifications to assist the unit when required.
- Be guided by a knowledge of base principles of nursing on the spiritual needs, and on physical / psychosocial sciences.
- Ensure that the quality of patient care meets all accrediting, bioethical, and professional standards.
- Act as mentor.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Unencumbered California Registered Nurse license
- If the Registered Nurse holds a multistate license through the Nurse Licensure Compact, the RN must adhere to the requirements of licensure in the new state(s) of hire
- Nursing degree/diploma
- All Registered Nurses without a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Nursing must obtain a Bachelor's degree or higher within 3 years of hire
- A RN with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSN
- Any previously agreed upon effective date for obtaining a Bachelor's degree in nursing between individual and facility will remain in effect
- Any collective bargaining contract with specific time frames for obtaining a bachelor's degree in nursing will supersede the above point and will remain in effect
- Exceptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis at each facility by the most senior administrative nursing leader in consultation with the Human Resources leader
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider card must be from the following authorized governing bodies: American Heart Association (AHA), American Red Cross (ARC), or Military Training Network (MTN) upon hire.
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support certification ( ACLS )
- NIHSS Stroke Certification
- 3 years of recent clinical experience in an acute care hospital required in specialty area;
- 1 year Charge Nurse/Relief Charge Nurse experience required
- Ability to deal effectively with many people
- Must be able to prioritize, organize and coordinate patient care
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing ( BSN )
- Shared Governance experience
- ANCC recognized specialty certification
About the hospital you will serve:
Providence Saint John's Health Center in Santa Monica, California, is part of Providence Health & Services, an integrated, not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, medical clinics, home health services, affiliated services and educational facilities in the western United States. Founded in 1942, Providence Saint John's Health Center enjoys a reputation for clinical excellence across many disciplines.
The 266-bed health center has a medical staff of more than 900 physicians, 1,800 employees and a host of volunteers who share a commitment to providing quality care for all.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Supervisory / Management
Location: California-Santa Monica
Req ID: 148936