We are currently looking for a Social Worker who is ready to make a difference in the lives of others and help Sierra Vista Child & Family Services continue our commitment to caring!
As a Social Worker in our Foster Care Program you will be working in a highly professional Residential Treatment program that specializes in treatment of young, emotionally and behaviorally disturbed children. Here are a few of the attributes that will make you successful in this position:
The primary purpose of this position is social work, one hundred percent social work.
- Provide consultation and supervision to house manager on a regular basis.
- Provide input for commendations, disciplinary actions or possible terminations.
- Provide consultation and training to House residential personnel in regards to implementation of therapeutic services.
Case Management/Social Work
- Facilitate the development and maintenance of an ongoing treatment plan for each child. Prepare needs and appraisal service plans for each client and coordinate with all staff for its implementation.
- Approve all disciplinary action for clients at facility.
- Develop, maintain and approve planned activity program and approve all field trip requests.
- Provide individual, group, and family counseling for each client in accordance with the treatment plan.
- Maintain frequent and consistent contact with representatives of referring agency.
- Monitor and authorize all contact with family members and other relationships outside the facility.
- Assess referrals for admission in conjunction with the clinical team and with final approval from the program administrator.
- Coordinate discharge planning with approval from the program administrator.
- Oversee all aspects of educational planning. Meet with school personnel prior to enrollment of client. Attend all school meetings such as student study teams and IEP’s.
- Meet regularly with child psychiatrist. Provide client information and monitor medication effects.
- Prepare written summaries requesting medication evaluation in accordance with CSC standards. Ensure all necessary legal and permission forms for medication are on file.
- Prepare psychological evaluation requests when child is referred for clinical evaluation.
- Provide written quarterly reports for each client.
- Maintain detailed records of significant contacts, incidents, meetings, groups, and individual sessions.
- Review all daily paperwork, logs, and incident reports.
- Maintain client charts in accordance with agency standards and with the state of California licensing guidelines.
- Oversee the scheduling of all client appointments (medical, court, school, office).
- Supervise the security and accurate administration of all medications in compliance with agency policy and Title 22.
- Maintain a moral, ethical and legal environment. Report misconduct that results in a policy violation or a violation of the law on any Sierra Vista site to immediate supervisor.
- Report and assess any event that may impact health, safety and welfare of clients including issues of suicidal or homicidal intent, injury, illness, medication error, safety, emergency and child abuse, verbally and with internal incident report form.
- Call and file unusual incident reports to the state for licensing issues.
- Ensure a written report has been submitted to child protective services for suspected abuse issues.
- Ensure all staff has knowledge of and follow all reporting procedures.
- Report any suspected child abuse immediately to direct supervisor or if not available up the chain of command.
- Report any suspected adult/elder immediately to direct supervisor or if not available up the chain of command.
- Monitor all clinical aspects of the group home environment in conjunction with House Manager to ensure compliance with agency standards, Title 22, and Joint Commission standards and regulations.
- Monitor issues in the environment, which directly affects the health and safety of clients. Report issues immediately to the program coordinator.
- Participate in all house staff meetings in conjunction with the house manager and Child Care Supervisor.
- Attend all clinical supervision, staff meetings, and in-service training.
- On-call duty.
- Provide direct childcare as requested,
- Maintain adherence to quality control standards
- Everyone who works in the organization has responsibilities for preventing and controlling infection
- Other duties as assigned.
Our Social Worker makes a big contribution to our daily efforts and is extremely hands on. If you are looking for a desk job, this position is not for you! You will be responsible for participating in all house staff meetings, attend all clinical supervision, staff meetings, and in-service trainings in order to enhance your expertise! On call duty is required and direct child care as requested,
One of the most important and rewarding parts of your career with us will be the clinical work. Some of the essential job functions will include:
Why Sierra Vista?It's Not Just a Job, It's a Mission
- Knowledge of current issues/trends in the field of Counseling, Psychology, Social Work.
- Thorough knowledge of staff supervision and ability to provide effective leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to assume increased responsibilities.
- Physical capability to restrain children, lift more than 20 pounds and engage in physical activity including various sports, sitting, walking, bending, climbing, kneeling, twisting, reaching, etc.
- Ability to conceptualize and communicate ideas in oral and written form.
- Work effectively and cooperatively with staff and administration.
- Be open and flexible to change.
- Understanding of a residential or group home setting for children.
Our supportive, caring environment extends not only to our clients and families, but to our valued staff as well. Employees from a number of disciplines work together in a collaborative, stimulating environment that is considered by many to be a model for quality care.