The Department of Counselling Services is seeking to fill the following vacancy:
Counsellor (Community Based)
Salary Range: US$61,785 to US$83,100 per annum
offers commensurate with education and years of experience
The post holder will be required to provide Trauma informed care and evidence based therapeutic services to families, couples and individuals (including children and adolescents) at The Counselling Centre. The Counselling Centre embraces a systemic approach to treatment, and the client’s strengths and experiences are validated and central to the process of therapy.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
Conduct comprehensive biopsychosocial assessments on clients who present for services;
Develop in conjunction with clients individualised treatment plans, evaluate progress of clients towards achieving stated goals, and modify if necessary;
Offer individual, couples, family and group therapy sessions using a client centered approach.
Complete relevant file documentation, including reports
Provide clinical monitoring and appropriate direction to trainees or interns.
Client populations include persons experiencing difficulties as a result of trauma, addiction, family and relationship difficulties, mental health issues and individual psycho-social problems. Post holder will assume responsibility for a caseload averaging 40-60 clients depending on the demand, which should generate a minimum of 25 direct client contacts per week, in addition to requiring case management and care coordination.
PLEASE SUBMIT COVER LETTER, APPLICATION FORM & RESUME TO:
Department of Counselling Services
Application Deadline: 26-June-2019
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
The successful applicant should possess the following:
A Master’s Degree in a Social Science, and have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in direct client contact employing a client centred approach
Individual and group therapy skills are required
Experience working with mandated clients would be an asset.
Knowledge of co-occurring disorders, and experience working with dually diagnosed clients would also be considered an asset.
Excellent communication skills are required, including the ability to develop proper case documentation.
Cross cultural experience would also be considered an asset.
2 openings. Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Additional Salary Information: Offers commensurate with education and years of experience. Two year contracts offered with fully paid Pension and Health Benefits; contracts renewable based on excellent performance.
Internal Number: R01642019
About CIG- Department of Counseling Services
• The Department of Counselling Services is the agency within the Cayman Islands Government that provides high quality, cost-effective treatment services in the Cayman Islands. The Department is comprised of four distinct agencies.
• The Counselling Centre (TCC) provides community-based counselling services to residents of Grand Cayman who may require assistance with a variety of life challenges including drug and alcohol issues, family and relationship difficulties, a history of trauma, mental health or issues related to personal growth and development.
• These services are provided to residents of the Sister Islands through Brac Haven – Sister Islands Counselling Centre;
• Caribbean Haven Residential Centre located in Breakers, Grand Cayman offers intensive substance abuse treatment to all residents in the Cayman Islands that is tailored to the needs of adult male and female clients.
• The Family Resource Centre offers parenting skills programmes, parent coaching by certified coaches, psycho-educational workshops, crisis intervention and advocacy to victims of family violence, and spearheads public awareness campaigns aimed to strengthen families and individuals and provide the foundation for a healthy society.
BACK TO TOP
CMSA Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else CMSA has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at CMSA Career Center.
Case Management Society of America 6301 Ranch Drive Little Rock, AR 72223