Job Posting: Jun 4, 2019, 6:42:17 PM Closing Date: Jun 19, 2019, 4:59:00 AM Full-time Shift Start Time: 8:30 A.M. Shift End Time: 4:30 P.M.
Posting Salary : $22.54
Organization: Health and Hospital Systems
Location: JHSH Integrated Care
The Care Coordinator- HIV/AIDS provides care coordination services for members with HIV/AIDS who need assistance to safely live in the least restrictive setting. The incumbent will have experience providing support to individuals diagnosed with HIV/AIDS, minorities, substance abusers, Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Questioning, Intersex and Allies ( LGBTQIA), and those from addictive or dysfunctional families. The work requires conducting site visits in the members' home environment, developing care/service plans, regular monitoring, and periodic follow-up visits. The work requires the flexible use of a wide range of highly skilled psychosocial evaluation and intervention techniques to provide support and stabilization for members. The Care Coordinator - HIV/AIDS is required to make referrals for community resources, and behavioral health services in order to assist members in maintaining health, safety, and independence through knowledge of social work principles, practices, and their application to complex care coordination.
* Bachelor's degree in Social Work or related field from an accredited college or university (please provide proof at time of interview)
* Must possess a License Social Worker (LSW) in the State of Illinois ( provide proof at time of interview)
* Minimum of one (1) year experience providing services and support to persons from one or more of the following populations:
o Racial and ethnic minorities
o Substance Abusers
o Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Questioning, Intersex and Allies (LGBTQIA)
o Addictive or dysfunctional families
* Duties may involve travel to locations throughout the Cook County area, required
* Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) in the State of Illinois
* Fluent in Spanish or Polish
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
* Thorough knowledge of social work practices, procedures, and techniques; medical terminology and procedures; and mental health treatment services
* Skill in directing and evaluating the professional and administrative aspects of case management services
* Skill in conducting interviews
* Ability to plan, direct and evaluate the professional and administrative aspects of social work services
* Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with a wide variety of lay and professional individuals and mentally ill patients
When applying for employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System, preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service
To take advantage of this preference a Veteran must :
* Meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
* Identify self as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to the question by answering yes to the question, "Are you a Military Veteran?"
* Attach a copy of their DD 214, DD 215 or NGB 22 (Notice of Separation at time of application filing. Please note: If you have multiple DD214s, 215s, or NGB 22S, Please submit the one with the latest date. Coast Guard must submit a certified copy of the military separation from either the Department of Transportation (Before 9/11) or the Department of Homeland Security (After 9/11). Discharge papers must list and Honorable Discharge Status. Discharge papers not listing an Honorable Discharge Status are not acceptable
A copy of a valid State ID Card or Driver's License which identifies the holder of the ID as a Veteran, may also be attached to the application at time of filing.
If items are not attached, you will not be eligible for Veteran Preference
VETERANS MUST PROVIDE ORIGINAL APPLICABLE DISCHARGE PAPERS OR APPLICABLE STATE ID CARD OR DRIVER'S LICENSE AT TIME OF INTERVIEW.
Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
Basic Term Life Insurance
Deferred Compensation Program
Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Time
You may also qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
MUST MEET ALL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION FILING.
*Degrees awarded outside of the United States with the exception of those awarded in one of the United States' territories and Canada must be credentialed by an approved U. S. credential evaluation service belonging to the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or the Association of International Credential Evaluators (AICE). Original credentialing documents bust be presented at time of interview.
*Please note all offers of Employment are contingent upon the following conditions: satisfactory professional & employment references, healthcare and criminal background checks, appropriate licensure/certifications and the successful completion of a physical and pre-employment drug screen.
*CCHHS is strictly prohibited from conditioning, basing or knowingly prejudicing or affecting any term or aspect of County employment or hiring upon or because of any political reason or factor.
COOK COUNTY HEALTH & HOSPITALS SYSTEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
ABOUT COOK COUNTY HEALTH (CCH)
The Cook County Health’s mission is to deliver integrated health services with dignity and respect regardless of a patient’s ability to pay; foster partnerships with other health providers and communities to enhance the health of the public; and advocate for policies that promote the physical, mental and social wellbeing of the people of Cook County.
CCH is comprised of two hospitals, John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital and Provident Hospital, a robust network of more than a dozen community health centers, the Ruth M. Rothstein CORE Center, the Community Triage Center, the Cook County Department of Public Health, Cermak Health Services, which provides health care to individuals at the Cook County Jail and the Juvenile Temporary Detention Center, and CountyCare, a Medicaid managed care health plan.
The system cares for more than 300,000 patients each year and its physicians are experts in their fields, committed to providing their patients with comprehensive, compassionate and cutting-edge care. Today, CCH is transforming the provision of health care in Cook County by promoting community-based primary and preventive care, growing an innovative, ...collaborative health plan and enhancing the patient experience.
COOK COUNTY HEALTH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER