Group Health Cooperative of South Central Wisconsin
June 21, 2018
Full Time - Experienced
Advanced Practice Registered Nurses / Physician Assistants
Group Health Cooperative of South Central Wisconsin (GHC-SCW), Madison, WI, is seeking an Advanced Practice Nurse Prescriber (APNP) to function as an independent healthcare provider with an advanced degree of knowledge, skill and expertise in history taking, physical and mental status exam, medical and psychiatric evaluation, treatment, and clinical management of members. The APNP provides outpatient mental health and psychiatric assessment, treatment, education and consultation services to patients seen in the Mental Health Department. The incumbent prescribes and manages psychotropic medications for patients as indicated, and works in a collaborative relationship with other GHC-SCW health care physicians and practitioners. The Advanced Practice Nurse Prescriber receives clinical direction from, and collaborates with, the Medical Director for Behavioral Health, and receives administrative supervision and direction from the Director, Behavioral Health and Medical Specialty Services, with additional accountabilities to Staff Psychiatrists and the Chief Medical Officer.
JOB SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS
1. Valid State of Wisconsin license to practice as a Registered Nurse required.
2. Valid State of Wisconsin Advanced Practice Nurse Prescriber (APNP) certification.
3. Certification by the State of Wisconsin Medicaid/Health Forward program as an APNP and possession of a National Provider Identifier (NPI Number) for health care providers required.
4. Current, national certification as a Nurse Practitioner or Clinical Nurse Specialist in area complementary to practice area, such as psychiatric or mental health nursing, is required. Certifying agency must be approved by the State of Wisconsin. Current memberships in professional nursing associations preferred.
5. Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Nursing with specialty preparation as a Nurse Practitioner or Clinical Nurse Specialist preferred.
6. Possession of or eligibility for a valid Healthcare Provider CPR/AED certificate is required. Employee must obtain certification within four (4) months of employment.
7. A minimum of three (3) years of experience in psychiatric/mental health nursing, including prescribing, preferred. Previous experience in managing emergency situations required. Additional education and experience to further develop skills and knowledge in specialty area required.
8. Knowledge of scientific, advanced practice nursing principles as a basis for quality decision-making required. Ability to adapt standard practices for care of specific cases required. Ability to recognize and identify medical symptoms and problems required. Current knowledge of and maintenance of psychiatric nursing trends, techniques and certifications required.
9. Strong knowledge of pharmacologic agents used in the treatment of and related to psychiatric conditions. Ability to prescribe medications, evaluate outcomes and modify medications/dosages, as appropriate.
10. Knowledge of psychiatric and mental health counseling principles, processes and techniques required. Ability to perform patient assessment and design individualized patient action plans required. Ability to recognize and identify psychiatric symptoms and problems required.
GHC-SCW is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Internal Number: 485
About Group Health Cooperative of South Central Wisconsin
Group Health Cooperative of South Central Wisconsin (GHC-SCW), located in Madison, WI, is a non-profit managed health care organization that provides the entire spectrum of health care services, including insurance, Primary Care and Specialty Care. GHC-SCW is committed to continuously improving the quality and safety of health care and the quality of services provided to GHC-SCW members. This commitment is reflected in GHC-SCW’s “Excellent” accreditation status, the highest level of accreditation granted by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCAQ), and in GHC-SCW continued regional and national recognition as a top performing health plan for effectiveness of care measures.
As Dane County’s first member-owned health plan, all of us at GHC-SCW are proud of our legacy of "firsts" that have set us apart from day one. Our journey begins with the vision of early founding members who had a novel idea that the consumers of health care should own and govern the way health care is organized and delivered. They wanted to bring a new emphasis of preventive health care and cost control to the established system notorious for a high medical costs and provider control. From the firs...t bold vision of what GHC-SCW could be, we’ve never stopped listening, growing and innovating to find new ways to enhance the quality of care and improve the quality of lives. Today, we are consistently ranked one of the top health plans in Wisconsin and in the nation.
BACK TO TOP
CMSA Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else CMSA Membership has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at CMSA Career Center.
Case Management Society of America 6301 Ranch Drive Little Rock, AR 72223